Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring Baking

Now that it's spring break, I finally have some time to relax and get around to testing some recipes the wonderfully dangerous StumbleUpon has found. 


These are Can You Stay For Dinner's Blueberry Crumb Bars.  I used frozen blueberries in lieu of fresh.




 They were good, but lacked a certain something, a "wow" factor.  
Maybe sweetening the blueberries would have helped.


Lacking Grand Marnier, I used orange curaƧao
(Triple Sec was far too vodka-esque).







 They turned out very well.  I might use more
orange zest next time or a little more liqueur, but in whole
they're a great, easy cookie.

I chose them to pair with our dinner.
Bok Choy, grilled, with Lemon Miso Glaze

 Tyler Florence's Chinese Spareribs
(both the ribs and bok choy courtsey
of my dad)



No comments:

Post a Comment